In the spring of 2017, members of many of the Jewish congregations in Washtenaw County got together and began to build connections to organizations that organize and serve our immigrant neighbors threatened with deportation. This site is all about those collaborations and how you can help.
Read our blog! (The subscription button is on the right.)
Do you want to help?
- Read about our partner organizations here.
- In the Helping section of this site — Rides, Food, Communications, and Advocacy pages — learn about the active projects and how to sign up to help our neighbors in those ways.
- Help us gather the names and points of contact of other potential partners/collaborators by adding your suggestions here.
The group has a listserv, which is used to organize meetings and projects. If you’d like to join that, go to this page, and click on “apply for membership.” Just tell us who you are and we’ll be back in touch.
A guiding committee is in formation, but for right now, Ruth Kraut (ruthkraut at gmail dot com) owns the list and has the lead on organizational matters, and Margo Schlanger (margo dot schlanger at gmail dot com) runs this website.
Who we are:
This site was created by members of the Ann Arbor Jewish Sanctuary Ann Arbor Jewish
Sanctuary and Immigration Committee, which brings together members of:
- Ann Arbor Reconstructionist Congregation
- Beth Israel Congregation
- Pardes Hannah
- Temple Beth Emeth
- Ann Arbor Orthodox Minyan
- And others.