Some of the organizations we collaborate with could really use volunteer support on their websites and other communications ; this includes both (not very complicated) technical support and also work on the content.
MIRC (read all about MIRC here) could use a crack web-support team. This would be a few long-term, committed volunteers who could:
- Help update and maintain two websites: michiganimmigrant.org and mcirr.org.
- Help build a weekly “News Digest” — a compilation of Michigan news stories affecting immigrants.
- Help build a catalog of media stories in which MIRC and its clients appear, to assist in future grant applications.
Maintain MIRC’s contact/google group lists.
- Support MIRC’s blog.
- Help draft “legislative alerts” to send to MIRC’s “constant contact” list recipients.
Work with MIRC’s staff to help draft/coordinate a periodic MIRC Newsletter.
Ideally, 2 to 3 people would be able to devote 1-2 hours per week each, consistently, for at least the next year but ideally for longer.
In addition, MIRC would love assistance from a volunteer with graphic design skills.
Interested? Contact one of these We Were Strangers members:
- Sarr Blumson (Beth Israel Congregation)
- Abbie Egherman (Temple Beth Emeth)
- Diane Wilson (Beth Israel Congregation)